What is Baseline in Teamcenter NX:Baseline is the read only version of a CAD dataset that you are storing in Teamcenter. We can call it as a milestone version of the CAD data.
For example, if you are continuously modifying a CAD data and you have to create check points at certain shapes for future reference , then you can use this Baseline option.
How to create Baseline
- Once you create the data in NX software that is linked with teamcenter, save it and close it.
- Now go to teamcenter
- Right click on the data set you have created and choose Create Baseline.
- Now a small Form like window will be opened.
- Choose Working snapshot in Baseline type. Leave the remaining settings as it is.
- Press Finish or OK.
Now you can see a baseline version created in below the open revision of the data sets.
You can create as many Baseline versions as you needed.
Note that Baseline versions are only read only , they cannot be modified. But can be used for Approving the CAD , sharing the CAD to other users etc.
To Delete Baseline in Teamcenter NX
- Baselines created once cannot be deleted by the normal user.
- You have to need admin rights for deleting baseline revisions. If you really wanted to delete Baselines, then you have to approach the Teamcenter management team to delete them.