Catia V5 files will be in either with extension .catpart or .catproduct
- If the file ends with .catpart extension, then the file contains a part or single component.
- If the file ends with .catproduct , then the file contains assembly structure.
To import a catia v5 file in NX , there are two options.
- Open NX and in modeling application, Go to File → Open. In the window, expand the Files Of type drop down list and choose CATIA V5 files(*.catpart).
- Now , browse the location where you stored the .catpart file. Select it and click OK
- Your Catia V5 file will be imported into NX with the same history nodes that you have created in Catia software.
|Open/Import Catia files in NX|
Using Import option.
- Ensure that you are in NX Modeling application. If not press the shortcut key M , to switch to modeling application.
- Create a temperory new part file with a random name.
- Now Go to File → Import → Catia V5 Files
- A new window will open. Browse the location of your Catia file and click OK.
- You can enable or disable the options like Simply the model, Optimize , Include independent wireframe, Include No Show Entities, Include coordinate systems etc if it is necessary.
- Otherwise leave those settings as default.
- Click OK to import the Catia V5 file into the workpart.
If you want to import an Catia Assembly file, (.CATproduct), then don't forget to change the file type in the import dialogue form.