- Say no to Gossiping. Do not involve or Encourage in Gossiping as it affects your carrier in long term.
- Try to Greet a person with smile and wish them by their name.
- Use expressions like 'Please','Thank you','Sorry','May I..' that enhances kindness, politeness in your tone.
- Don't have the habit of arriving late and leaving early. Be Punctual as much as possible.
- Keep your voice low and Polite.
- Never use company's phone for personal purposes.
- Set a professional, non irritating ringtone for your phone.
- Follow the dress code.
- Lend a helping hand whenever possible, be it even a smallest job.
- If there is a cubical convention,if you want to enter the cubicle knock gently on the partition and avoid inter-partition conversations.
- Always begin with informing your name at beginning. Not everybody likes suspense.
- Always keep a small note pad on your phone table and a pen.
- Note the points to be discussed before calling.
- Never go directly into the matter.Greet them before moving on to the matter.
- Talk politely and gently.
- Be a good listener and wait for the person to finish talking.
- First select a restaurant which matches your taste.
- Never snap your fingers to call the waiter.Talk to him in a low tone.If you are in a group avoid talking loudly as it might disturb others there.
- Avoid burping.
- Never stretch across for a dish.Ask for it to be passed.
- Bring food to your mouth,not vice versa.
- Do not crack laugh or crack jokes while eating.
- Wipe your mouth with a napkin occasionally.
- Once the meal is done,place the fork and knife side by side at the center of the plate and the napkin on the left side.
- Plan the email adequately.Respond to emails precisely.
- Avoid Urgent mark in the subject as much as possible.
- Use Urgent mark, Red Highlights only if it is Highly necessary.
- If it is a lengthy mail, give a two line summary in the begining of the content.
- Always express a nice greeting in the end.
- Never type in capitals.It is equivalent to shouting.
- Don't send a file with virus hoaxes and unsuitable attachment.
- Have a separate email-id for professional and personal purposes.
- If at you send an email with mistakes.Refer to one of the answer to this question where you can you undo a sent email.
- Last but not least, if you had composed an email reply with harsh words , save it as draft → Go for a short coffee break → Comeback again → Reread the mail and reconsider the words. You will delete the harsh content, I bet.