To apply thickness for FEA thinshell mesh in NX
- Ensure that .fem file is made as work part or displayed part.If not, in simulation navigator right click on the .fem file and make as workpart
- Now Expand 2D collectors and right click on the Thinshell mesh collector that you need to apply thickness
- Select Edit. Now Mesh collector window opens
- Near the shell Property drop down list, Edit option will be available. (Spanner icon) Click on it.
- Now in the physical property table, look for Default thickness parameter. Enter the thickness value in Thickness box
- Click OK to save physical property table
- Click OK to save Mesh collector table. Now the thickness will be assigned to the specific 2D mesh collector.