Response AnalysisThe Response Analysis task is usually done to interactively evaluate the responses of a structure subjected to various static and dynamic excitation. The responses are generally calculated using a modal approach, means that the FE model is solved for Eigen value analysis and based on the calculation, the response of the structure for desired input excitation is evaluated and studied.
Types of Response analysisResponse Analysis can perform five types of response analysis:
- Static → Static force would be used for exciting the model
- Transient → Time domain functions are used to vibrate the model at desired input nodes
- Frequency (sinusoidal) → Freq Vs Accel function is used to vibrate the model
- Response spectrum → A manually created spectrum function is applied as input excitation
- Random vibration → PSD (Power Spectral Density) function is used as input excitation.
CAD / CAE packages like solidworks, Hyperworks, NX, Ansys comes with an inbuilt Response Analysis tools, for which a seperate license may be needed apart from CAD modeling features.