If your JIO sim activation is getting delayed, then immediately go to any Reliance Show room which has Biometric Fingerprint facility. Give your Aadhar card photocopy, and they will take your fingerprint proof. Your jio sim will be activated within 3 hours.
>Can I use JIO 4G SIM card in 3G Dongles, 3G only Smart phones
- No, JIO sim card cannot be directly used in 3G only phones.
- Since, JIO only has 4G LTE signal coverage, you will not receive signal in 3G or 2G phones. Instead "NO service" error will be shown
- But if you can buy jio fi device and connect it with your 3G smart phones via wi-fi hotspot option.
>How to port my existing Airtel number to JIO number
- You can port your existing mobile number from any network like Airtel, Aircel to JIO , once JIO is commercially launched
- From your current mobile number send an sms PORT your 10 digit mobile number to 1900
- You will receive an sms with unique port code (UPQ)
- Go to nearest Reliance JIO showroom or mobile shop and share this port code , along with one ID proof, address proof, photo to get new JIO sim with your existing number
>Can I use JIO sim in my Windows OS phone
- Starting from September 5,2015 you can use JIO sim in all 4G enabled windows smart phones.
- To check whether your windows phone is 4G LTE capable, check your phone specifications. If it is mentioned LTE, VoLTE, or 4G then you can use JIO sim in your phone.
>What is the difference between 4G , LTE and VoLTE
- 4G and LTE( Long term evolution) are the same. LTE is the technology standard which is more advanced to 3G or WCDMA technology.
- VoLTE means Voice over technology. Currently all networks uses 2G or 3G signals to transmit voice calls. But VoLTE means the voice calls will be transmitted using High speed LTE technology.
>Can I call voice call for free, if I do not recharge for any tariff
- No, you should recharge for any one tariff to enjoy unlimited free voice call
- The tariff starts from 19 Rupees (Validity One day) for unlimited voice calling
- Your internet data balance will not be deducted for making normal calls.
>What is the night time duration for unlimited internet
- Upto December 31,2016 you can use unlimited data for 24x7 hours
- After that, you can enjoy unlimited data only during night duration (2 am to 5 am)
>How to know the network coverage of JIO in my area
- JIO has covered almost every part of the country as other networks do.
- If you still need to know the network coverage in your area, then you can check it using any 4G enabled smartphone
- Open Settings→Mobile network→Search manually . Ensure network mode is 4G / LTE
- If JIO 4G is shown in the list, then your region has JIO 4G signal coverage
>JIO tariff plans
- 19 Rs pack → Unlimited voice call & sms, 100 MB data, unlimited night data. Validity 1 Day
- 129 Rs pack→ Unlimited voice call & sms, 0.75 GB data, unlimited night data. Validity 7 Days
- 149 Rs pack→ Unlimited voice call & sms, 0.3 GB data, unlimited night data. Validity 28 Days
- 299 Rs pack→ Unlimited voice call & sms, 2 GB data, unlimited night data. Validity 21 Day
- 499 Rs pack→ Unlimited voice call & sms, 4 GB data, unlimited night data. Validity 28 Days
- 999 Rs pack→ Unlimited voice call & sms, 10 GB data, unlimited night data. Validity 28 Days
- 1499 Rs pack→ Unlimited voice call & sms, 20 GB data, unlimited night data. Validity 28 Days
- 2499 Rs pack→ Unlimited voice call & sms, 35 GB data, unlimited night data. Validity 28 Days
- 3999 Rs pack→ Unlimited voice call & sms, 60 GB data, unlimited night data. Validity 28 Days
- 4999 Rs pack→ Unlimited voice call & sms, 75 GB data, unlimited night data. Validity 28 Days
>How to avail student offer 25 % extra data in JIO sim
- You can avail the student offer by providing your college or school ID card as proof. This offer is expected to be in practice after the free welcome offer that is Decemeber 31,2016
>What is the best jio tariff plan with lowest price and highest data
- As of now, the best and cheap pack is 299 rupees pack which offers 2 GB data and unlimited night usage and unlimited voice calls, sms
- At the same cost, other networks like Aircel, Airtel provide 3G data at the price of Rs 127 per GB. But they do not provide free voice calls and free night usages.
- Though it was announced JIO data is very cheap, practically it is not. The real mindset of customers will be known only after the free preview offer.
- The only benefit is, the jio subscriber can enjoy 4 months unlimited data and calls until 2016. Beyond that , JIO will be an another usual non-affordable data network.
>How can I unlock my JIO Sim PUK code
- If you enter your JIO SIM pin code for three incorrect attempts , then your SIM will be locked and ask for PUK code
- You should call you JIO customer help line, 1800 890 9999 from other JIO SIM or any other network to get your PUK code
- Once you entered your correct eight digit PUK code, you have to reset a new four digit PIN code.
- In-order to avoid such situations, you can disable SIM Pin security code and enable phone pattern lock screens for security reasons.
>What is the price of JIO sim card
- JIO sim card is currently provided free of cost. If you are asked money to get JIO sim, you can move on to any other dealer shop or reliance digital showroom to get your free JIO sim card by providing necessary documents
>What are all the documents to be provided to get JIO sim card
- You have to show bar code generated by your phone. This bar code can be generated by downloading MyJIO app from play store and selecting Get SIM option
- Self attested photocopy of one ID proof like Voter's card, License, Aadhar card, PAN card etc
- Self attested photocopy of one address proof like Aadhar card, License, Voter's card, Passport etc
- Two copies of recent passport size photos
>How long does it take to activate my JIO sim card ? Why there is delay?
- Initially JIO sim was activated between 4 hours and one day.
- But nowadays due to huge application requests, there is delay in activation process which takes up-to 1 week.
- You will receive an sms to your alternate mobile number , once your application is processed.
>It is showing No service if I insert JIO sim in my phone, why ?
- It means that your SIM is still not activated. You will receive an sms to your alternate mobile number if your SIM is activated.
- Afterward, you should receive signal in your mobile.
- If not, please ensure you are in Signal coverage area and your mobile phone is 4G enabled.